Thursday, July 17, 2008

Are you kidding Moe's Southwest Grill?

Some things should definitely have an expiration date. Milk. Perishable Food. Lauren Conrad. News stories about rising gas prices and how the economy isn't doing too hot. (We get it. It's bad out there. But you sending a reminder everyday by reporting on how the price of a barrel of oil is up or how airlines are cutting jobs does not help. How about I come over to your house everyday after I let dogs pee on your carpet and remind you how bad it smells. Then you'll know how the public feels when they see your stories.) However, the one thing that should never have an expiration date is a good bargain. So then why is it that when I order off the kids menu you didn't give me the included cookie and soft drink. Are you kidding Moe's Southwest Grill? I walked all the way to 1st avenue in the 20's for the Moo Moo Mister Cow. And as I made my journey downtown I was excited with anticipation. I haven't had a dining experience with you since college and as I thought about the mini burrito, chips, cookie, and soft drink all for the low price of about $8, it's not difficult to understand why. So imagine the disappointment and betrayal I felt when your employee told me that the cookie and drink would not be included because I was too old. Sure the menu says for kids 12 and under and the cookie and drink only ended up being an extra $2.50, but what the hell? Would it have killed your profits for the day? Were you trying to prove a point? I also didn't appreciate that when I told your employee the Moe's at The (pronounced Thee) Ohio State University gave me the free cookie and soda, he snidely replied, "Well, this is New York." As if I accidentally stumbled into your store, not knowing what city/state I was in. I wanted to reply, "Well, this is Gigli" and torture him by forcing him to watch that horrible Ben Affleck/JLo movie, but it probably wouldn't have gone over too well. (Plus, that would have taken a lot of preparation and time and I was hungry) I've never known the feeling of being discriminated against for my age. Sure people might look at me funny when they find out I still watch cartoons, but that doesn't take money out my pocket. The only good thing that came out of this is that I finally could relate to how Blanche felt on the Golden Girls when Bea Arthur told her she was too old to be promiscuously dating. That, and I had one of my worst after-meal episodes in your restroom. So I guess we're even.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly, the Moe's at THEE Ohio State University closed down. It's now Jimmy Guaco's, but for all intents and purposes it's the same thing. I was considering catering from them for my fraternity, and they gave me the old Moe's menu.
Consider this payback for the one in NYC screwing you over.