Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Are you kidding fat lady escalator blocker?

I could complain that I had to sit on the runway for 2 hours the day before only to have my flight get canceled. But I won't. I could complain that Continental charged me $50 to change my flight from Laguardia to Newark. But that's in the past, and there's nothing I can do about it. (Literally. I called up customer service and the ever-so-nice lady and her supervisor told me so...twice. Also, the pleasantly kind supervisor told me that she didn't have a supervisor I could talk to and although she wouldn't tell me exactly who he was, I couldn't talk to the person who signed her pay check either.) Or I could complain that Jimmy Fallon as a replacement for Conan is like substituting toilet paper with that of sand, but seeing as I've never actually wiped with sand paper, I guess that wouldn't be fair. No, I'm not going to complain about any of those things because you made me miss the downtown E train by taking up the entire escalator and walking at a snail's pace. Are you kidding fat lady escalator blocker?It's bad enough I had to walk behind you on the non-moving escalator. I had to agonizingly watching you move down the stairs like a boulder falling through a Plinko board. Shifting your weight unexpectedly so that every time I thought you were going one way, you moved the other blocking my ability to pass. I had to listen to you breathe as heavy as Rocky after he fought Apollo Creed, for three flights of stairs. And this was taking the stairs going down! But the worst part was that as I descended the stairs at a snail's pace, I thought "I'm going to miss my train." And as sure as your love affair with the King and Queen of Burgers and Dairy, respectively, when I finally reached the platform, the E train was pulling away. I guess that's where Sir Mix A Lot and I differ. Because instead of letting you into my Mercedes, I would have rather pushed you in front of that train I missed. (And no, my anaconda didn't want none. And yes, it took me until I was about 15 to realize what that meant.) So the next time you want to take the walk down to the train, fat lady escalator blocker, step aside. Or take the elevator, because let's be honest, is that trip down the stairs really going to make that big of difference?

No comments: